Thursday, 11 May 2017

My custom NYX eyeshadow palette!



NYX is a brand which is quite new to me, it's sold in most boots stores and also online on boots and also their own website which I will link here. Not only is it drugstore and affordable but it's also of professional makeup quality. It's perfect for people who are experimenting with makeup and also people who are trained in makeup for their kits.
NYX has products of all the latest trends such as liquid lipsticks for every shade, single eyeshadows like Makeup geek and Morphe and all the latest strobing products.
When I was browsing their makeup stands I was so impressed by the shade variety they had and I decided to pick up some single eyeshadows for my kit in a customisable palette. The palette itself was £5.00 and it fits 9 single shadows. The shadows I picked up were £2.50 each. 
In total my order came to £25.00 which I think is such a great affordable price.


On to the shades, I'm going to start with the top row and go from left to right.

Pixie - This is a champagne shimmery shade which has specs of gold glitter running throughout, I find this is perfect for the eyelid and inner corners, I have found that this isn't the most pigmented shade but I like to spray it with a fixing spray which gets the most pigmentation. I have experienced some fall out with this shade.

Cupcake petit gateau - This is a matte baby pink which is a perfect transitional shade for the crease, it's really buttery to touch and is really pigmented. This shade is really easy to build up on the eye and I don't experience any fall out with this shade.

Stiletto talon aiguille - This is the perfect matte taupe brown shade, it works amazing as a transitional colour to deepen up the crease. Again it's really buttery to touch and has a lot of pigment to it.  I don't experience any fall out with this shade.

Flirt- This a matte cool toned violet shade which is perfect for the crease and I really like this for pink or purple smokey eye looks, it's a really build-able eyeshadow and is really pigmented. I don't experience any fall out with this shade.


On to the middle row, again going left to right.

Guilt trip - This is a matte deep chocolate brown shade, this shade is great for the crease and deepening up the outer corners. It's really pigmented and build able. I do experience a tiny bit of fall out with this shade.

Zen - This is a shimmery olive green which gold glitter undertones, I find this shade to be really pretty all over the lid, I do experience a bit of fall out with this shade and it can look quite muddy on the eye. I find this works the best when using with a fixing spray to get the most pigmentation from it.


On to the last row, again left to right.

STFU - This is the perfect bright matte yellow shade, it is really pigmented and build -able , it's perfect for colourful looks, the only thing I have noticed is you have to use an eye primer as it can stain your eyelids if not.

Wild Orchid - This is the perfect bright matte cherry pink shade, it's very vibrant and pigmented and i find it perfect for more colourful looks. Again with this shade you have to use an eye primer as it can stain your eyelids if not.

Overall I don't think you can go wrong with these eyeshadows, they are all really build able, I have found that the shimmery shades are less pigmented and also can cause fall out but I do my eyeshadow before my face makeup to solve this issue.




Post a Comment